- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401k and Match
The ZiPline Application Engineer is responsible for working with our Bastian Solutions sales teams to specify, design and price conveyor equipment and systems. The Application Engineer is responsible for making sure our customers receive prompt response to application and quote inquiries. This individual will participate in the design, drawings, and pricing of the conveyor equipment and systems. The process involves understanding the customer's goals and objectives and developing solutions to meet these goals.
Superior Performance Objectives
- Exceeds our customer's expectations by conveyor and conveyor system application expertise.
- Provide prompt professional proposals to customers in 2-3 day window on typical request.
- Work with Sales Manager to develop pricing tools for standard product offering.
- Passionate for providing automation and efficiency to the sales and order entry process.
- Work with Sales Manager and Engineering Manager to identify and concept product development opportunities.
- Clear communication with customers, management and team members on issues that arise.
- Work well with others on the ZiPline team.
- Bachelors of Engineering or Engineering Technology required.
- Ability to work closely with our Bastian Solutions sales teams to provide the best Engineered Material Handling Systems solutions to our customers.
- Strong Conveyor Systems sales and applications background with proven ability to provide cost effective and well-engineered system conveyor solutions.
- Strong contributing member of ZiPline team. Freely offer suggestions and take on responsibilities to continue to grow our company.
- Energetic ambitious and hard working.
- Positive and contagious attitude, well disciplined.
- Strong ability to design complex conveyor systems and train/mentor application engineers to have the ability to do the same.
- Ability to promote ZiPline products to our Bastian Solutions sales team and our Customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be a process driven individual, highly organized.
- Sense of urgency for completing tasks.
- Strong demonstrated sense of marketing and sales.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
General Job Description
- Works closely with our Bastian Solutions Sales Team to provide the best Engineered Material Handling Systems solutions to our customers.
- Participate in marketing efforts for the ZiPline product family.
- Review and prepare pricing for conveyor systems with our Bastian Solutions sales teams.
- Become a BastianCAD Expert and work with the BastianCAD development team.
- Work closely with e-commerce to develop the Web Configurator with pricing. Ensure all pricing on the website is accurate and up to date.
- Contribute to ZiPline pricing strategies.
- Prepare (Automated) / Review order Acknowledgements and verify accuracy.
- Assist in the development of professional ZiPline marketing literature
- Perform field visits with the Bastian Sales team to sell major Systems.
- Work with internal (Bastian Solutions) and external customers to continuously improve communication and working relationship.
- Assist in Training Schools for our ZiPline Products.
- Work closely with team to automate the Order Entry Process for ZiPline orders.
- Maintains a consistently positive, enthusiastic culture to work in.
- Involved with opportunities early on to ensure our team comes up with innovative and cost effective system solutions for our customers.
- Meets and exceeds our customer's expectations through superior system engineered solutions and general communication. Customer feedback through communication and surveys.
- Be a great team player and contributor within the office.
- Maintains the office area clean and organized.
- Completes all administrative tasks and paperwork in timely manner.
- Works well with engineering, operations and manufacturing. Pitches in where needed.
- Any and all job duties as assigned.
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. We have over 60 years of experience building long term business partnerships. In addition to salary, commissions and incentive plans, we offer a wide variety of benefits, services and perks available to assist employees and their families in a variety of ways. These benefits help each individual maintain a good balance in their life.
ZiPline Conveyor, a division of Bastian Solutions, is the conveyor manufacturing division within Bastian Solutions. ZiPline's product line consists of conveyor and associated material handling equipment and offers a wide range of innovative, cost-effective, and energy efficient products. Our designs allow for system flexibility and can be used for a wide variety of product sizes, shapes, and weights.
Other benefits of the role include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Volunteer Work
- Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
- Company Meetings & Events
Join our growing team and sell, design and implement industry leading automated material handling solutions!