Application Support Specialist - 2nd Shift
- Louisville, KY, USA
- Full Time
Bastian Software Solutions is currently looking for individuals with strong technical skills and a passion for troubleshooting to join our Support group. This is a customer facing position, so this individual must have strong communication and customer service skills. Our team remotely supports production environments all around the globe to resolve issues and minimize the impact to production.
Our team troubleshoots both software and hardware issues. As an Application Support Specialist you will find yourself troubleshooting in-house applications, 3rd party applications, data mining, report building, writing and working with complex queries, database management, indexing, and potentially promoting a software fix. Are you afraid of falling into the rut of doing the same thing day in day out? No problem is the same and no day is the same. You will be able to take pride in your work and be personally responsible for keep our customers multi-million dollar operations running smoothly.
Opportunities for your career development within Bastian are endless. As you excel in your role as an Application Support Specialist, you can grow in to Project Management, Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, and Development or continue your path upwards to be an Application Support Analyst. Professional development and continued education are encouraged at Bastian Software Solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree with strong computer skills including: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and various Databases (SQL Server and Oracle). Classroom experience with Databases OK
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities and analytical skills.
- Ability to write and understand SQL Queries.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Self motivated.
- Excellent customer service skills. Remain positive and calm under pressure.
- Willing to travel in the beginning for training and then will be working from home on 2nd shift.
- Experience in supporting industrial equipment such as RF handhelds, barcode scanners, carousel equipment etc. a plus.
- Facilitate positive proactive working relationships with customers and internal resources.
- Performs visits to customer sites to perform any preventative maintenance that can increase the stability and control of the Exacta software (Proprietary Software)
- Track and thoroughly document all customer issues in our ticketing system.
- Demonstrate superior customer service (as measured by our customers: surveys and satisfaction from support renewals).
- Develop Reports using Crystal Management and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Implement and improve remote monitoring tools for our customers systems.
- Perform QA functions for any issue resolution from support calls.
- Create datasets to analyze and recreate issues reported by customers.
- As issues are reported from customers diagnose if the issue is a change or a bug then communicate issues to the analyst, development staff, or sales consultant appropriately.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) as you will be interacting with various developers, analysts and project managers.