Project Engineer - Engineering Systems
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
We are seeking a strong Project Engineer to join our growing Systems team. In this role, you will have multiple responsibilities supporting the execution of integrated material handling system projects through design, quotation, site supervision, project management, customer support, and sales consulting. Project Engineers are given a high level of responsibility and autonomy to make decisions early in their career. If you are a competitive, entrepreneurial-minded engineer that is looking for a challenging career in an exciting field, we want to talk to you!
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology
- Passion in the field of Supply Chain Automation and Logistics.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent technical problem solving capabilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Understanding of project financials, budgets and cash flow.
- Willing to travel as needed to support project implementation (approx. 30-40%).
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar software.
- Enjoys working in team environment.
- Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Systems Engineering disciplines
- Previous experience designing integrated material handling systems (3-5 years).
- Master's degree in Engineering.
- Provide support to meet multiple needs within the Systems group.
- Assist with the concept design and quoting phase of projects, generating AutoCAD drawings, acquiring quotes of integrated system components to quickly and accurately deliver pricing of innovative material handing automation designs that exceed the customer's expectations and help win the project.
- Participate in the detailed design phase of projects. Perform detail design work, selecting and producing a layout of appropriate conveyor models, supporting structures, ancillary equipment and all other item needed to meet the requirements of the integrated system. Develop elevations and installation prints to guide the installation of the system.
- Execute project milestones, ensuring deliverables are completed on time and on budget with a happy customer. As part of the project team, define phased installation plans and timing expectations to ensure a smooth installation and start up. Work with our suppliers and partners to ensure that they stay on schedule and that issues are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Provide on-site integration assistance to help troubleshoot the system, ensuring the system performs as designed. Assist with installation, managing equipment inventory, tracking schedules, providing supervision of subcontractors and updating our customers regarding planned daily activities.
- Consistently communicate with the Engineering and Operations leadership, delivering information on both wins and challenges to ensure appropriate actions can be taken in a timeframe that prevents disruption to the customer.
- Provide proactive Customer support for ongoing and warranty projects. Deliver timely resolution of issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Utilize and provide input for continuous improvement of Bastian standards and procedures guiding our systems applications.
- Develop in depth understanding of all facets of material handling, including equipment, suppliers, application methods and the competitive landscape. Pursue continued education through professional training and obtaining industry related certifications.
- Timely completion of all reports and logs to include time reports and travel expenses.
- Support Trade Show activities through preparation of materials and representation of Bastian Solutions.
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. We have over 60 years of experience building long term business partnerships. In addition to salary, commissions and incentive plans, we offer a wide variety of benefits, services and perks available to assist employees and their families in a variety of ways. These benefits help each individual maintain a good balance in their life.
Other benefits of the role include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Volunteer Work
- Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
- Company Meetings & Events
Join our growing team and sell, design and implement industry leading automated material handling solutions!