Project Engineer - Mobile Robotics
- Rosenberg, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Mobile Robotics
The Project Engineer for Bastian Mobile Robotics will be the primary representative during the installation, commissioning, and startup portions of mobile robotic projects.
Superior Performance Objectives:
- Deliver projects to our customers on time, under budget, and with high quality
- Provide outstanding customer service (Customer Letters of Recommendation). Sell the efforts of the Bastian team to the customer
- Motivate and inspire the Bastian and subcontractor team. Help our subcontractors to be successful and hold them to our standards
- Take charge of decisions and conflicts in the project and resolve quickly at the lowest level
- Improve the process with written templates, spreadsheet tools, outstanding lessons learned, etc.
- Close coordination with Project Manager
- Assistance with and final check of equipment layouts
- Input into installation contractor selection. Occasionally for smaller projects the Project Engineer may hire local personnel and perform the installation "in-house"
- On-site receiving of shipments (documenting damage, inventory equipment, preparing lay-down areas, etc.)
- Manage subcontractor personnel and hold them to Bastian and customer standards; costs and installation time based on goals / budgets received from Project Manager. Maintain a safe work site
- Installing, starting-up and troubleshooting equipment that is generally not manufactured by Bastian, but whose quality and operation reflects on Bastian and affects the success of the project
- Assist in controls debug
- Develop and maintain installation and check-out check lists
- Maintain a balance between happy customers and helping Bastian complete the project quickly and profitably
- Anticipate problems and get help early
- Travel: 50-85% travel expected,
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Material Handling, Robotics, Manufacturing or Packaging background required.
- The candidate must have a solid understanding of the application of contemporary industrial robotic systems.
- Must be fluent with the MS Office software suite and Internet/e-mail.
- The technologies used range from high-level automation (industrial robots, mobile robots, AGV's, etc.) to conventional products (workstations, rack pick modules, fabricated carts, conveyors, etc.)
- General knowledge of fluid power systems (pneumatics, hydraulics) as well as electrical wiring, mechanical assembly, painting, welding and saw/fab
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. We have over 60 years of experience building long term business partnerships. In addition to salary, commissions and incentive plans, we offer a wide variety of benefits, services and perks available to assist employees and their families in a variety of ways. These benefits help each individual maintain a good balance in their life.
Other benefits of the role include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Volunteer Work
- Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
- Company Meetings & Events
Join our growing team and sell, design and implement industry leading automated material handling solutions!