Project Manager - Autonomous Vehicles
- Georgetown, KY, USA
- Full Time
- Autonomous Vehicle
The Project Manager provides oversight and is responsible for all phases of various R&D development and automation projects, including coordinating team members, material, and equipment. The Project Manager will ensure that all specifications are being followed and that work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. By being the single point of contact to our customers a proactive, positive, problem solving approach is crucial. The Project Manager will also assist with implementation of the project to the customer.
Project Manager Superior Performance Objectives:
- Maintain a Constant Customer Focus.
- Manage all Financial Aspects of the Project.
- Perform all Scheduling of Project Events.
- If Required - On-site Implementation of the project.
- Project Design Input.
- Personnel Supervision.
- Work with Sales Consultants.
- Provide Long-term Customer Support.
Project Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology. A Bachelor's Degree with equivalent technical experience will be considered. MS, MBA or PMP certification is a plus.
- Previous project management experience (2-5 years).
- Strong computer skills with: Microsoft Office or Office 365 suites including usage of Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Willing to travel as needed to support project implementation (approx. 25%).
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and time management.
- Passion in the field of Robotics, Autonomous Vehicle systems, Supply Chain Automation and Logistics.
- Ability to travel up to 50% overnight.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Project Manager Desired Experience:
- ERP experience, Databases (SQL Server and Oracle) as well as familiarity with other PM tools.
- Experience working in a fast paced High Tech R&D environment.
- Expertise with robotic systems, autonomous vehicles, material handling systems and/or warehouse management systems.
- Submit weekly Project Reports to keep the customer continually updated, hold teleconferences, and schedule face-to-face meetings.
- Learn the customer's business to best represent its needs to the team.
- The PM must continually manage the project budget, approve all purchases, approve all invoices, and constantly try to improve the financial standing of the project (cutting costs, not quality).
- The PM will create the initial R&D project Gantt chart and maintain the schedule in conjunction with the appointed Scheduling Manager.
- Be an integral participant in the testing, debugging, and eventual turnover of the system to the customer.
- Provide key input about the customer's operations to ensure that the R&D team creates the best design possible for the customer.
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. We have over 60 years of experience building long term business partnerships. In addition to salary, commissions and incentive plans, we offer a wide variety of benefits, services and perks available to assist employees and their families in a variety of ways. These benefits help each individual maintain a good balance in their life.
Other benefits of the role include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Volunteer Work
- Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
- Company Meetings & Events
Join our growing team and sell, design and implement industry leading automated material handling solutions!