Mechanical Design Engineer- ZiPline
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement
Bastian Solution's ZiPline product line delivers a variety of standard and custom material handling equipment to help our customers succeed in their markets by providing the best material handling solutions and technology. The role of Design Engineer works with other ZiPline employees, our customers and suppliers to deliver outstanding equipment designs. This involves understanding the customer's goals and objectives, and developing superior engineering solutions to meet these complex challenges.
Superior Performance Objectives:
- Ensure projects are executed in the most effective manner in regards to time, cost (budget) and function.
- SolidWorks expert, efficiently utilizing CAD tools to produce 3D models and 2D drawings.
- Work on variety of engineering projects related to customer specific solutions, new product development, quality improvements and cost reduction.
- Clear, proactive communication with management on issues that may arise.
- Partner with and support other Bastian Solutions business units to achieve objectives on time and on budget.
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Work well with others on the ZiPline team. Have fun!
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Strong mechanical design aptitude.
- Previous equipment design experience.
- Strong technical drawing skills, especially in 3D modeling. Demonstrated ability to efficiently produce 2D fabrication drawings from 3D models.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office tools to analyze data and effectively communicate.
General Job Description:
- Design and develop material handling equipment solutions from concept through manufacture.
- Meet and exceed our customer's expectations through superior execution of designs and implementation.
- Validate designs through formulation and execution of test plans.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis
- Execution of Continuous Improvement design projects
- Support manufacturing execution of product designs.
- Create all appropriate installation, maintenance and project documentation.
- Assist with the development of customer proposals, as required.
- Help resolve engineering issues as they arise by working closely with customers, vendors and manufacturing.
- Manage and record project related effort.
- Effectively communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Prioritize individual tasks, provide input to management to assist in prioritizing business objectives.
- Stay current on latest industry related technologies.
- Follow all corporate policies
- Complete all administrative tasks/paperwork in timely manner.
- Be a great team player and contributor within the office.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Maintain a consistently positive, enthusiastic attitude!
- Additional job duties, as required to support business objectives.