Panel Build Technician
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement
A Panel Build Technician is responsible for all phases of a panel build. The duties included are ordering parts when necessary, kitting the appropriate parts for a particular panel build, reading electrical schematics, wiring the panel, creating tags for the panel, testing the panel, and preparing the panel up for shipment to the end customer. On occasion the Panel Build Technician will be called on to help customers by going into the field for troubleshooting existing panels. This may also include installation support in the field for Bastian Controls projects. The Panel Build Technician reports directly to the Controls Operations Manager.
Superior Performance Objectives:
- Ability to read schematics/electrical prints and able to build panels from these prints
- Ability to work individually as well as lead a team.
- Energetic ambitious and hard working
- Optimistic and efficient
- Highly organized, strong communication skills to coordinate projects between Controls Engineers and Panel Build Technicians
- Experience in the electrical industry as either an Electrician or Panel Builder.
- Minimum two years of relevant electrical wiring, panel build and troubleshooting experience.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Neat in workmanship, specifically in regards to best practices in industrial wiring
- Work closely with BC controls engineer to understand electrical prints and schematics. Ability to provide feedback on prints and "redline" as appropriate.
- Coordinating with electricians and controls engineer to submit purchase request on required materials for wiring project. Materials may include wire, Panduit, conduit, and miscellaneous panel parts.
- Field work may include being dispatched to a customer site to diagnose a problems.
- Must have great communication skills. This will be paramount in internal communication as well as discussions with the customer.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to execute schedules, keep on track with milestones.
- Maintain a consistently positive, enthusiastic attitude!
- Submit Annual Review inputs and personal goals
- Keep open mind; be creative with concepts. Encourage entrepreneurial and innovative spirit among others.
- Anticipate problems and be able to proactively act rather than react.
- Maintain office area clean and organized.
- Complete all administrative tasks/paperwork in a timely manner.
- Complete expense reports in a timely manner
- Completes all administrative tasks and paperwork in timely manner.
- Works well with engineering and manufacturing teams. Pitch's in where needed.
- Be a well respected, strong performer (360 surveys)
Visit our website at www.BastianSolutions.com!